I went to high school at Burke Mountain Academy - a private ski school in the Northeast Kingdom of VT. It is a small school of 60 students (my graduating class had 14 kids), resulting in a very close-knit community. I found out th
at one family of alumni used to own Seven Springs Resort, selling it last year. I got in contact with them, and they were more than happy to provide housing to us for our week-long visit. Their house is gorgeous. A beautiful log cabin with a very open floor plan. The couple built the house about 15 years ago, and now have three kids and a golden retreiver. There is also a big pond, which Missy insists on referring to as a lake - we'll call it an ocean. It is set back from the road and very quiet with nothing but trees and mountains surrounding the house. This family is awesome; the three kids are 17, 16 and 14 and best friends. The mom, Rosi is the alumni from Burke. She's into triathlons and I think we may have talked her into entering some masters road races. Apparently there is some awesome mountain bike trails around here, so the dad, Tim holds a Wednesday night single-track ride from the house with a BBQ after.
It's pretty pretty here.

1 comment:
that looks purty.
Post a Comment