Tomorrow is the U23 criterium, starting at a hellish 7am!!! I just set my alarm for 4am; 2am Colorado time. This means I will be chamois-ing up around 5:45. I'm guessing it'll still be dark. Cruel. It's really an insult - all the juniors start after us?! I will be drinking bountiful amounts of coffee tomorrow morning.
Today, our host, Rosi took Missy and I to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. I cannot imagine how much thought was put into the building. It seemed that everything sort of fit together like a puzzle, the way he made use of the natural surroundings - the boulders and running water. Notice the waterfalls in the picture. The main floor - the living room was extremely open, very unlike that of its time. There are windows everywhere inviting the outside in and the inside out. The bedrooms, however were quite small - which sort of pulled you outside onto the terrace. It was mind-blowing to see this piece of art, and to observe how ahead of its time the design was.

1 comment:
Great coverage on your experience at nationals, love Dad
Post a Comment