I haven't been riding this weekend because I've been a little bit tired. No complaints there though, I'm enjoying the relaxing weekend. I finished my final final last Wednesday and have been loving the fact that I have nothing to do and I can sleep whenever I please. I walked to the grocery store and bought chocolate covered raisins and apples. Why else would I exert myself to leave the house, other than to go find food? Well, I haven't been hungry because I haven't been doing much for the passed couple days - but for some reason I needed a destination. Nature's Oasis, the local natural food store in Durango happened to be that destination. I couldn't just walk past the Gala apples and the dark chocolate drenched raisins. Along the way I realized I could never do this:
In some ways, Durango is a very scaled down Boulder. There are aspects that I like about both places. But Durango still has charm to it, and I think that is one thing Boulder has lost. All the quaint little historical houses are quickly being replaced with McMansions. Whereas, the neighborhood that I live in, in Durango, is filled with these cutie little homes. Red roof, baby blue siding, white picket fence. I hope Durango can keep its charm.
Done with my first semester of college, I will be heading back to Boulder for the summer. I still don't have a car because the people of Farmer's Insurance Agency are a bunch of bullies. So I'll be using my superstar housemate, Mary's cars to drive back on Wednesday. Pretty much my dream car - a Jetta TDI wagon. That's diesel. That's biodiesel. I'm looking forward to coming home to Boulder - and also to seeing my recycled punk little kitten:

1 comment:
Yeah! Can't wait for you to come back to Boulder!
Post a Comment