Saturday, January 19, 2008

Belgium - day 2

Ready to ride! Rollin' through town.
Rollin' through country.
Rollin' on cobbles.Rollin' on trails.Rollin' by pastures.The lush fields. I wish I could blog the menagerie of scents we inhaled today.
What's Kerry looking at? Is that a pile of carrots?
Yes, literally, one of three enormous piles of carrots.
My Colorado bones are thawing out...I rode without gloves today!
Belgian fishermen: At 9am they cast their lines into the water, then kick back with a beer or four and wait for the rod to move. Next stop: Hoogerheide World Cup in the Netherlands!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, Nice pictures! the big pile of carrots is very appropriate for "World Peas and Carrots"
Good Luck and Godspeed be with you!
XO,XO...Dad

KCM said...

I love the big pile of carrots. Has Alison Powers seen it yet, she LOVES carrots!

Good luck.

jen said...

Carrots?! Awesome!

Love all the pics. Good luck at Hoogerwhatsit. (I can't spell Dutch so good...)

(Bella in Cali)

Jen Tilley said...

nice picture taking- that probably took some serious skillz to ride over cobbles and take pics. i give you 3 points for that!